I was nominated by Carolyn, Lindsay and Whitney to do the Liebster Award! This “award” (more of a tag, really) has been going around the blogosphere recently – its purpose is to discover new blogs that don’t have a large following! I cheated and decided to pull my favourite 11 questions from the ones asked by the aforementioned bloggers. Here goes!
1. What made you finally take the plunge and create your blog? I’ve read fashion, interior design, lifestyle and beauty blogs for the past couple of years and have always thought about starting one myself. What really pushed me to create Stella’s Journal was when I was assigned to start a business blog for one of my Commerce courses last term. I had so much fun writing posts that I was inspired to create this personal blog after the assignment ended.
2. If you could move to any place in the world, where would it be? Montréal, LA or some city in Australia. Montréal, because I’m a French-loving Canadian and really want the opportunity to live in a francophone city (despite the fact that Montréal is saturated with Anglophones); LA or Australia because I love the healthy, active lifestyles that are common there, and sunny weather has a hugely positive impact on my mood!
3. What make-up product(s) could you not live without? My MAC eyelash curlers and NARS Creamy Concealer in Custard! I’ve repurchased both innumerable times.
4. It’s a Saturday night! What does your perfect Saturday entail? Depends on how stressful the previous week was! More often than not, by Saturday night I’m so exhausted that I want nothing more than to spend the night at home with a cup of Earl Grey tea, an awesome book or French movie and my Snuggie! I’m currently enjoying the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.
5. What do you enjoy outside of blogging? I go to university five days a week, so blogging is a sort of creative outlet I utilize when I have random spurts of inspiration, spare time between classes, or when I’m procrastinating from studying. Outside of blogging, some of my favourite past-times are reading on my eReader, doing yoga, hiking (yes, I’m a true Vancouverite), watching French movies, bike riding, discovering new Alternative/Indie music, taking photos and reading other blogs.
6. Who’s style do you admire? I love Anna Gardner from ViviannaDoesMakeup‘s classy, put-together, comfortable yet sophisticated style – I always try to emulate her through my own outfits. However, someone who’s style I admire (but would probably never dress similar to) would be Olivia Palermo – every single outfit she wears is perfect.
7. Which season is your favourite and why? Autumn, because I love when the leaves change colour and the air takes a certain refreshing chilliness. Autumn also marks Halloween, Thanksgiving and the start of the holiday season, which I adore. Who doesn’t?!
8. Do you have a signature dish that you cook? I don’t have a signature dish that I cook, but some of my favourite breakfasts that I eat on a rotational basis are avocado toast with cream cheese, boiled/fried eggs, baked sweet potatoes or cinnamon-banana-apple-raisin-chia seed oatmeal. I’ve posted photos of some meals I’ve made here!
9. What’s your dream career? My dream career would be to work as a Marketing Director at a company whose strong organizational culture motivates me and whose product(s) I believe in and stand by. My dream career would allow me to travel or work abroad for a couple of years but would allow me to settle in a metropolitan North American city for the long-term.
10. Positively describe yourself in 5 words. Optimistic, driven, open-minded, honest, approachable
11. Name 3 places you’d love to visit in the next 5 years. Lyon, France; Prague, Czech; Montréal, Canada
Now it’s your turn!
The rules: 1. Thank and link the person who nominated you 2. Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you 3. Nominate and link 5-11 bloggers with less than 200 followers 4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees 5. Notify your nominees!
My questions for you: